Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Post-op Visit

So I went for my first post op visit.  Didn't expect to really see a difference on the scale yet but to my surprise I am 15lbs lighter since surgery 11 days ago!!  That is a total of 27lbs all together!!  I am so excited.  This was just the validation I needed to realize that this was the path I was meant to take.  I'm not gonna lie I cried.  Happy tears but tears none the less lol.  I didn't really hit me until today that I'm really able to do this.  The self doubt is minimal at this point and I couldn't be much happier.  I think my doctor was pretty shocked how well I've done so far too.  I have more determination than ever at this point and I can't wait til I can use this tool to the best of my ability. 

I was told that my band is 10cc's and I will get my first saline injection on May 17th.  He told me that my first fill would be 3cc's and it would be adjusted from there.  I really can't believe how quickly all of this is going.  In 3 days I will be allowed to eat mushy foods.  I'll be on that for 2 weeks.  Then its on to my fill and on to solid foods.  YAY!!!  All in all this has been a really great day :)

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment